On September 30 BrainBasket held regular event BrainBasket Talks. This time we hosted Victoriya Nosenko, director of Moocology Educational center.
Topic of the meeting is on the front burner for all students and those who continue to study even after graduating from high schools – “Tricks of effective learning”.
Victoria told that standard scenario of learning – indentation – does not provide necessary effect and doesn’t lead to memorizing of new material for the long period.
“60% of new information that was not rehearsed during the next hour will be forgotten forever.”
Thus lecturer shared with audience some tricks which should be used while learning for effective memorizing:
1. Use interval repetition technics: repeat new material in one hour, two hours, eight houts, twenty hours – maximum 13 times.
2. Use cards for learning foreign language.
3. While working with texts divide it into blocks, work with each block separately and then try to recover connection between it.
4. Transform boring texts to bright stories.
5. Switch to other activities (tomato technique).
6. Use visualization.
7. Create lists.
8. Sleep! While we sleep new neuronal connections produce for better memorizing.
9. Go into sports, especially cardio – it will provide your brain with more oxygen.
As you can see, this event was very interesting and useful for our audience.
So stay tuned to our next announcements, we will bring up with new hot topics and discussions!
BrainBasket Talks is a series of regular meetings with leading representatives of IT industry on the most relevant topics (trends, education, success stories, etc.).